No matter who you are, there are some nights when getting dinner on the table is a struggle. We all have our favorite go-to pasta meals for busy nights, and a roast chicken always hits the spot. But sometimes our usual recipes can get boring, and we’ve got to look elsewhere for dinner inspiration. After all, you can only suffer through the same old casseroles, no matter how delicious, so many times in a row. These 50 quick and easy dinner inspiration, even on those busy nights when you’re drawing a blank as to what to make.
1. Za’atar One Pot Chicken and Rice: Za’atar, made from thyme, sumac, and sesame, puts a Middle Eastern twist on this easy one-pot chicken and rice dish.
2. Coconut Lime Shrimp: Zesty, flavorful coconut and lime shrimp cooks up in minutes, making it an ideal weeknight meal.
3. Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Alfredo: This creamy, lightened-up Alfredo dish swaps out carb-heavy pasta for spaghetti squash.
4. Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwiches: Whip up a batch of these grilled pesto chicken sandwiches for an easy, healthy, on-the-go dinner.
5. Baked Greek Chicken Wings With Tzatziki: Chicken wings don’t have to be a labor of love — this recipe bakes them on a sheet tray for easy clean-up.
6. Chicken Cabbage Stir-Fry: Ready in just 15 minutes, this stir-fry is Paleo, low-carb, and gluten-free.
7. Sausage and Rice Skillet: Flavorful sausage makes even a simple rice dish sing with flavor.
8. Grilled Hawaiian Pork Chops: Using the grill is an easy way to add big flavor to quick weeknight meals, like these pineapple-glazed pork chops.
9. One-Skillet Mediterranean Lemon Chicken: Zesty lemon and briny olives add an irresistible, bright touch to this easy skillet chicken.
10. Pasta With Peas and Ricotta: Creamy ricotta and Parmesan make this pasta dish basically a grown-up version of macaroni and cheese.
11. Spicy Cumin Chicken Thighs With Green Beans: Cook these chicken thighs in a skillet with plenty of spices, then throw in some green beans in the last few minutes to make a complete meal.
12. Easy Chicken Piccata: Whip up your favorite restaurant meal in just over a half hour with this simple recipe.
13. Skillet Pesto Chicken: A silky pan sauce is the crowning glory of this tomato-studded skillet pesto chicken.
14. Kale and Chicken Sausage Pasta: Juicy chicken sausage is the fastest way to bring a simple pasta dish to the next level.
15. Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs: Add these smokey grilled chicken fajita kebabs to salads and tortillas, or just enjoy them on their own.
16. Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts: Stuff these chicken breasts with spinach and feta, then bake them in the oven for a surprisingly easy and satisfying meal.
17. One-Pot Creamy Kale Pasta: Ready in just 20 minutes, offset the creaminess of this dish with robust kale and spicy red pepper flakes.
18. Sesame Tofu Noodle Bowl: Vegan food doesn’t have to be complicated, as proven by these 20-minute sesame tofu noodle bowls.
19. Honey Ham, Gouda, and Apple Quesadillas: This unique spin on the quesadilla is the perfect answer for nights when you can’t bear the thought of eating yet another sub.
20. Tuna Panzanella: Adding a little protein to your favorite Italian bread salad makes it into a full meal.
21. Lemon and Walnut Angel Hair Pasta: Angel hair pasta cooks up in just a couple of minutes, so you can have a hearty meal in no time at all.
22. Mexican Shrimp Skillet: In just 20 minutes, you can have this savory Mexican shrimp skillet on the table and ready to eat.
23. Margarita Chicken Quesadillas: Make your quesadillas into a more substantial meal by filling them with tequila-lime chicken.
24. Chicken Scallopini: Everyone in the family will love this chicken scallopini pasta, made with a few secret convenience ingredients you probably have in your pantry already.
25. Chorizo, Scallop, and Kale Stir-Fry: Spicy chorizo and sweet scallops cook up quickly in this healthy, kale-flecked stir-fry.
26. Spicy Thai Basil Chicken: Served over rice, this easy Thai basil chicken satisfies more than any takeout could.
27. Kale and Shrimp Tortellini: Frozen stuffed tortellini is a great ingredient to keep on hand for when you need to whip up flavorful dinners in a flash.
28. Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil: Cooking this buttery salmon in foil means easy clean-up on nights when you’re pressed for time.
29. Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast: Add some extra veggies to your meal with this easy one-skillet stuffed chicken breast.
30. Tortellini, Pesto, and Asparagus Soup: A cozy soup featuring pasta and veggies is the fastest way to sate your comfort food cravings.
31. Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti Squash and Grilled Chicken: Sweet, roasted red pepper sauce is an unexpected but not unwelcome change from the standard marinara.
32. Southwestern Steak Salad: Hearty salads are the best way to get in all of the veggies, proteins, and healthy fats you need to keep going.
33. Artichoke and Olive Balsamic Pasta: Make boring pasta exciting again with some flavor-packed ingredients like artichokes, olives, and balsamic vinegar.
34. Harissa Chicken Sheet Pan Meal: Tossed together on one sheet pan, this meal combines harissa-spiced chicken, kale, chickpeas, and veggies for a satisfying dinner.
35. Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad: Perfect on hot nights, this sesame chicken pasta salad makes great leftovers too.
36. Cilantro Lime Chicken Bites: You’ll never look at chicken nuggets the same way again when you make these cilantro lime chicken bites instead.
37. Quinoa Taco Salad: Add some extra nutrition to your taco salad by including a healthy dose of quinoa.
38. Bean Stuff Casserole: Simple and family-friendly, this cheesy bean casserole will please the crowds on a time-strapped night.
39. Slow Cooker Spicy Cajun Gumbo: It only takes a couple of minutes to throw together this meal, and the slow cooker does all the real work.
40. Chicken, Apricot, and Almond Tagine: Ready in 30 minutes, this apricot and almond tagine is a nice change-up from your usual weeknight menu.
41. Lemon Chicken Quinoa Bowls: Loaded with veggies, these protein-packed lemon chicken quinoa bowls hit the spot.
42. 15 Minute Vegan Pad Thai: When homemade food tastes this great, skipping the takeout is a no brainer.
43. Perfect Grilled Chicken: Sometimes the best meals are the simplest. Enter: this spiced and seasoned grilled chicken.
44. Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner: Sheet pan chicken gets a big boost of flavor thanks to lemon, feta, olives, and roasted veggies in this recipe.
45. Kimchi Fried Rice: Finish that jar of kimchi that’s been lingering in your fridge in this simple, fast recipe for kimchi fried rice.
46. Mexican Veggie Soup: This healthy vegetable soup comes together surprisingly fast, and has a kick of spice that’ll keep you wanting more.
47. Spicy Vietnamese Salad With Garlic Shrimp: This is not your average salad. Garlic shrimp, avocado, rice noodles, and lots of herbs combine for a hearty bowl with quite the kick.
48. Spaghetti With Spinach: Spinach adds some healthy greens to this creamy, cheesy spaghetti.
49. Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pizza: You won’t think twice about adding more Brussels sprouts to your meals after you taste them in this smokey, cheesy pizza.
50. Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Lettuce wraps are a super fun way to scoop up a quick and healthy meal of teriyaki chicken and veggies.