1. 1 x set of tongs + 2 x cloths = clean, dust-free blinds.
2. Pet hairs are notoriously difficult to pick up in the vacuum cleaner. But run a squeegee over the carpet first and look at what you get
Just peel it off and bin it. Too easy!
4. Clean and unclog the showerhead by filling a small bag with white vinegar and attaching it with a rubber band.
5. Sure, dusting removes dust from your surfaces, but where does it go? When you dust your fans with a pillowslip, it cleans and also collects the dust!
6. You know it brings the shine back to wooden surfaces, but have you seen what furniture polish will do to your stainless steel appliances?
7. Grease and oil on fabrics? Apply chalk to greasy spills and watch it suck up the mess.
8. It’s a heavy-duty cleaning job that requires elbow grease and lots of sweat – or half an onion and a fork.
9. Throw in four Alka-Seltzers and one cup of vinegar to unclog drains.
10. For a sparkling clean and smooth iron, run it over a piece of paper sprinkled with salt.
11. It is possible to clean a coffee and spice grinder without losing a finger! Just run some uncooked brown rice through to pick up the oil and residue and unclog the blades.
12. Clean your washing machine by filling the detergent drawer with a cup of bleach and then running it on the hottest cycle. Then run another cycle with 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup of water, and one cup vinegar.
13. Wrap a damp sponge around a broom, affix with rubber bands, and clean the ceiling features – all without risking life and limb.
14. To clean vents, wrap a moist cloth around a knife.
15. This has to be the quickest and easiest way to clean silver. Line a pan with foil, fill with boiling water, and add two tablespoons of baking soda. Then dip!